"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 9, 2018

Reflection, Cleanup & Jamey



Part of Dominick Albano’s Gospel reflection for Sunday, March 4.

“Distrust. Anger. We just see this richly human side of Jesus, and I think it's really important. Because even though we say Jesus was fully man, he is fully God . . . do we really believe it? And do we really believe that Jesus was fully human? I think there's times when we don't act like it because we think there's parts of our lives that are too human for Jesus. There's parts of our lives that we can't invite God into because it's just too human.”

Read all of it here.

**********
On Sunday we had the three younger granddaughters at our home for the afternoon. They always enjoy playing outside and God provided a beautiful day for their activities. Dee
 set a challenge for them to see who could pick up the most tree limbs, sticks, etc. The idea was that winner would receive a $5 reward. The three of them cleaned up the yard and did an excellent job. So, all three received a $5 reward.

**********

I took advantage of the nice weather this week and cleaned the newly fallen leaves from the high wind that came through last week. 
It would be nice if that was the end of the leaves.

********** 


When March comes in gently, with soft skies of blue
And warm happy breezes and crocus buds too
March begins like a lamb, sweet gentle and kind
But you’d better beware for you’ll surely find
That the end of the month will be stormy and cold
Like a lion it’ll roar, rough, growly and bold
If March begins windy, and stormy and gray,
If it’s too cold outside, to happily play
The lion’s here first, and he’s not so nice
You should be indoors take my advice
But wonderful weather is coming they say
By the end of the month the lamb’s here to stay.
~ Author Unknown ~

**********

Todd finished some snipers for his Conflict ’47 British company. 




**********


What I believe is based on my lifetime of experiences, decisions, challenges, sufferings, and joy. My beliefs keep my life in perspective. They check my actions and influence the way that I live my life.
Here are some of my beliefs:

I believe that God is faithful.
I believe that I am meant to be truly happy in this life and the next.
I believe that everyone wants to love and be loved.
I believe the Catholic Church provides all the answers we need to understand life.
I believe that God's dreams for my life are bigger and better than the dreams I have for myself.
I believe in the importance of giving people the benefit of the doubt.
I believe in the beauty of loving my family, imperfections and all.
I believe in letting things go and letting the past be the past.
And I believe in the power of a good deed, simple “hello,” and random act of kindness.


What are your beliefs?

**********

Jamey Johnson - “Lead Me Home Lyrics”


**********

**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes


No comments:

Post a Comment