"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 12, 2018

Dragons, Knights & X-Files



The image above is one of my favorites from Shawn MacKenzie's blog, "Dragon's Nest." I found it years ago and had a copy of it on my work desk here at home. While I was looking for something new to add to my blog I thought this would be an excellent choice.
So if you like dragons and dragon things, take the time to visit Shawn's blog.

Paul's Bods continues to put together some interesting miniatures. This week he has a "Medieval Drinking contest."  



Colleen O'Sullivan's thoughts about Wednesday's reading, 1 Samuel 3:1, 7-9a.

"As I reflected on today’s Scripture readings, one line, in particular, stood out: during Samuel’s ministry under Eli, “a revelation of the Lord was uncommon and vision infrequent.” It’s true we are told in 1 Samuel 2 that during the entire period of the Judges in Israel, there were very few prophets or revelations recognized. But if we believe that God is in all things, or as Gerard Manley Hopkins more eloquently put it, “the world is charged with the grandeur of God,” it seems more likely that people, in general, weren’t actively looking for God or listening to what God might be saying than that God was purposely remaining silent or hidden."

Colleen poses the question, "how different are we today from people in Samuel's time?" I find it interesting that we, as children of God, often forget that He is always here. I guess we get too concerned about our surroundings and fail to look "outside" them. Life is not easy, we all have journeys that are not always smooth. Try to talk to God each day. Try to listen. Open your heart and your mind, be patient.

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."
      Will Rogers



They're back! Scully and Moulder have returned. The first episode was excellent and I'm looking forward to watching the series. I became a fan back in 1993 have never missed a TV episode or a movie. Thank you Chris Carter. If you're a new fan or just want some background information, Wiki has a nice write-up.



Miranda Lambert and Jamey - “Bad Angel”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.


1 comment:

  1. I loved the original X-Files and was wondering if the new series would be any good. Now I'm more curious to see it!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete