"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, December 29, 2017

More Than 7 Quick Takes


Wine Barrel Designs

Dee has an Amazon Echo which was a gift from our son Eric and his wife Lynne.
She's been having fun with it and especially enjoys having Alexia track her grocery list and greeting her each morning.

Todd and Lynne gave me some cabins and a farm house for Christmas. They will be converted to match the Briartun buildings that I currently have. I'll have more information and photos as that project progresses.

On Christmas day we were invited to Susan and Roger's house for dinner and a relaxing evening sharing stories and meeting new people. Dee took some photos which she will be showing on her Facebook page. My favorite photo is this one with Susan's Mom Pat and Dee's Mom Lucy. They enjoyed each others company.

Pat (96) and Lucy (95)

The Polar Vortex has returned.


"This whirling mass of snow is like a “Frost Giant” from Dungeons and Dragons. Charging down from the north with his snow axe. Swinging and spreading snow, ice and freezing winds. Impervious to magic swords and wizard spells. I sit in my chateau, protected by my armor of wool and my elixir of black coffee. Safe from the frigid 12 degree temperature outside. I know that it’s just a matter of out-waiting the beast. Soon, “Sunbringer,” she who wields the sword, Meltan, will arrive. She will clear the snow and ice and stop the freezing winds. She will send the winter beast back to the north." Me  

The Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman was held on Dec. 28 at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. This year saw Navy play against UVA. It was a great game for Navy fans.

Dee and I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 the other evening. I have seen the first "volume" of Guardians of the Galaxy, and have been waiting for Vol. 2. I was not disappointed and especially enjoyed the music. See Rollingstone.com.

My favorite songs, not in any particular order, “Bring it On Home to Me,” Sam Cooke, “Southern Nights, Glen Campbell, “Come a Little Bit Closer,” Jay and the Americans and “Father and Son,” Yusuf/Cat Stevens. 

The characters are all unique and the writers have done an excellent job of blending them together as an unlikely team of superheroes. It is important that they be watched in oder, Vol.1, then Vol. 2. 




This is the 5th Day of Christmas ....
however I did not receive "5 Golden Rings." What I did receive was a warm morning hug and kiss from my lovely wife Dee.

Here are a couple of ol’ time favorites.

Bill Anderson - “Still”




Claude King - “Wolverton Mountain”





“The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.” — G.K. Chesterton





Kelly has returned so go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where she is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment