"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 6, 2017

Michael, Sir Winton & Harry




1. My cousin Michael was buried in Waco, Texas on Monday, October 2, 2017. His body was found on September 19th in Detroit, Michigan. He was killed by gunshots. The crime is currently being investigated by local police as a homicide. Please pray for the soul of my cousin and for our family. 

A very close friend of Michael’s, Chris, wrote about him on “Notablog.” It is a beautiful story about Michael. Thank you Chris.



2. The Spiders are at 2-2 and face Albany at the Robins Center October 7.
The Irish Lads are moving along at 4-1. On Saturday they will be in Chapel Hill, playing against North Carolina.

3. My good friend Dan provided this video on Sir Nicholas Winton. It is worth the minute and a half to watch. Thank you for sharing Dan.


4. “Death is Nothing At All”

“Death is nothing at all. 
It does not count. 
I have only slipped away into the next room. 
Nothing has happened.

Everything remains exactly as it was. 
I am I, and you are you, 
and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. 
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name. 
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. 
Put no difference into your tone. 
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. 
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. 
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant. 
It is the same as it ever was. 
There is absolute and unbroken continuity. 
What is this death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? 
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, 
somewhere very near, 
just round the corner.

All is well. 
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. 
One brief moment and all will be as it was before. 

How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!”

5. He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.
                                            Antoine de Saint-Exupery

6. September has been dreary, both this year and last.
    

7. Bob Dylan - “Blowing in The Wind”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.



No comments:

Post a Comment