"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 20, 2017

Granddaughters and Friendship



1. Our granddaughters Hailey and Eryn came over Sunday after Church. They hadn’t seen me with the stitches and swollen face. So I thought it would be a good idea to ease their anxiety by wearing a halloween mask when they arrived. It worked, they were laughing at my mask and it allowed me to let them know I wasn’t in any pain. I just didn’t look as handsome as I usually do.

Arnold

2. The Spiders had a win against Towson moving them to 4-2. They face Delaware, in Newark, on Saturday.
The Irish Lads had a “bye” last weekend. USC is traveling to Indiana this Saturday. This will be a great game.

3. I started watching the Shannara Chronicles, season 2. It’s okay, but, “it is an adaptation” of the Terry Brooks novels. I’m disappointed. Expected better. Perhaps it will improve. 

4. Snoopy, writing the next Dr. Who episode.


5. Since I’ve been recovering from my Mohs Surgery, family and friends have stepped forward in support. First and foremost is Dee, who manages to fit in other things while taking care of me. Our son Stephen is mowing our lawn. Lou brought over a bottle of Spanish wine one evening. Maureen brought homemade chicken soup with fresh Rosemary bread. Pam sent homemade pumpkin bread and Tony drove me to the Doctor when my stitches had to be removed. In addition, there have been prayers by more people than I can list here. Thank you Lord.
Now I ask for prayers for Susan and Dave, both are in the hospital. Susan will be coming home today. Dave still has a few more tests.

6. “A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.”      Saint Basil

7. Joni Mitchell - “Urge For Going.”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment