"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, August 18, 2017

Poem, Ancestry & the Bishop



1. Trisha has written a poem about the tragedy in Charlottesville, Virginia. This is the first stanza. Please take the time to read the complete poem.

“Those who stand for violence
and advocate intolerance
terrorized the Whos down in Whoville.
The majority of whites and blacks
on both sides of the tracks
gathered for equality,
protested hatred, stood up for what is not only just,
but also sacred: Black lives matter.”

2. I read Boomer Magazine, a Richmond, Virginia publication. In the August-September 2017 issue there was an article, “It’s A Great Time To Be Irish,” written by Randy Fitzgerald. 
It’s an article about him helping his wife discover what her roots were after there visit to Ireland. She completed a DNA test and discovered that she was, “a strong 25% Irish.”  So she ordered a kit for Randy, and when the results came back he discovered he was only 11% Irish. I found this rather humorous as my dear friend Jeanine, who comes from a French Canadian family had her DNA tested. Her results were shocking to her, as nothing showed her to be French. She was 44% Great Britain. I have been considering completing a DNA test to check my roots. My Dad was French Canadian and my Mom was English/Scots-Irish. I figure I should have a strong connection to my French roots with a strong second as English/Scots-Irish. Maybe I need to think about this for awhile.

3. The “Lighthouse Keeper” posted “The Prayer of St. Francis de Sales,” as part of the Wednesday “Your Daily Tripod.” With all that has been going on in our country, it brought some peace and hope to me. I pray it does the same for someone else.

The Prayer of St. Francis de Sales
“Be at Peace
Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life;
rather look to them with full hope as they arise.
God, whose very own you are,
will deliver you from out of them.
He has kept you hitherto,
and He will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,

God will bury you in his arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same everlasting Father who cares for you today
will take care of you then and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering,
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace,
and put aside all anxious thoughts and imagination.”
     St. Francis de Sales 1567-1622

4. “With great sadness, I announce The Most Rev. Francis X. DiLorenzo, Bishop of Richmond, died at St. Mary’s Hospital, late last night.  He was 75.  He was a faithful servant of the Church for 49 years and a Shepherd of the Diocese of Richmond for 13 years.

Please pray for the repose of the soul of Bishop DiLorenzo, for his family and friends, and for the people of the Diocese of Richmond.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord and may perpetual light shine upon him.”

Rev. Msgr. Mark Richard Lane
Vicar General/Moderator of the Curia


5. Calvin & Hobbes


6. “Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.”                                        Henri Nouwen

7. Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I’m Going.”


Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment