"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, August 4, 2017

Morning, Road Trip, & Lager



1. It’s Saturday morning and Dee and I are enjoying our morning coffee on the back porch. There is a gently falling rain providing needed moisture for the lawn and flowers. God’s way of caressing our small part of the earth. The coffee tastes better, our conversation is soft and  gentle, our oneness more meaningful. I feel God’s presence with us and know that this will be a good day.  

2. Melanie Rigney wrote an interesting blog about Tuesday Gospel reading. She talked about “road trips” and how they turn out to be a little different then what we imagine them to be.

Her comparison about traveling with God.

“Travel with God’s a lot like any other road trip. Sometimes, His timing appears to be really off. Sometimes, it doesn’t seem like He’s going to show up at all, and other times, He talks way too much. But faith gives us the confidence to stay on the journey with Him, faith and those little gifts when we look back and see His footprints all over the times we faced roadblocks and detours. And so, we acknowledge His greatness, seek His forgiveness for the times we whined and complained, and invite the best traveling companion of all to come along in our company.”

3. My nephew Marcel is in the Air Force Reserve. In July he competed his fire fighting training and is now an Air Force Fireman. Great job Marcel!


4. I'm a Guinness Stout guy. I enjoy the rich and creamy taste and make sure that it is not cold, but at a pleasant room temperature. It is always my first choice at any establishment that serves Guinness. So, when they introduced the "Blonde," I was not sure .... but, it's a Guinness brew so I decided to try it. What a great surprise. It is an excellent Lager with a pleasant taste. The story about the Blonde, as explained by Guinness, is "a collaboration between the Guinness brewers in Dublin and their counterparts at the Latrobe Brewery in Pennsylvania, the result is an American pale lager akin to that of the 1930s: a crisp, light beer that’s big on flavor."

5. Patty Loveless - “Where I’m Bound.” I listen, and sing along, to this song more than any other of Patty’s music. She’s a beautiful lady with a melodious voice.


6. “Today is the first of August. It is hot, steamy and wet. It is raining. I am tempted to write a poem. But I remember what it said on one rejection slip: 'After a heavy rainfall, poems titled 'Rain' pour in from across the nation.’"
                                           Sylvia Plath

7. My internet connection, along with my landline were offline until this evening. So, my apologies for the late post.



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment