1. Last Sunday’s Gospel was the parable about the spreading of the seeds. Some seed did not grow, but those that “fell on rich soil,” did. Father John talked about each of us being a seed. Each seed being different as each of us is different. We grow, we develop, we interact with each other, but we are not the same. We have different color of eyes or hair, different physical characteristics. Some of us are female and some us are male.
The sameness we do share is that we are all God’s children. It doesn’t matter where we were born, what color we are or or what language we speak. We are all “seeds,” planted by God.
Have a blessed day!
2. My 70th birthday present was a week at the Outer Banks with our three sons and their families. It turned out to be the best birthday present I ever received. The house had rooms for everyone, including Great Grandma Lucy. It was beach front property, complete with a pool and awesome view of the beach and the ocean. We had sunshine all week and spent each day on the beach.
3. Morning sunrise from the balcony.
4. The Sandcastle Building Crew
5. Eric and Dee, kayakers extraordinaire.
6. Brett Young - “In Case You Didn’t Know.”
7. Please read, “A Catholic Perspective on Suicide and Depression.” by Moira.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes and has written an excellent post on NFP.