1. Dee and I were in Buffalo, New York last week helping our goddaughter Carrie. We worked with her organizing the belongings of her Mom and Dad, completed some yard work and enjoyed time together.
We were also able to visit with my sister Kim and our Aunt Beth as well. Catching up on news from the past year and laughing about old family stories.
The last few days were with our son Eric and his family. Since we normally don't get to Buffalo on Father's Day, this year became a special day for Eric and I.
2. We went to see “Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Men Tell No Tales,” with our two granddaughters Eryn and Hailey. The movie continued the Captain Jack Sparrow saga and was well done. Another great Disney movie.
3. Jack, Tony and I were invited to a “Italian-American” gathering. The owner of “Angelo’s” hosts this once a year at his home. Fabulous Italian sauce, homemade bread and pizza baked in an outside oven. We are looking forward to next year.
4. On June 30, 1953 the General Motors plant in Flint, Michigan completed the first production Corvette. Wikipedia has a great article about this “first generation sports car.”
5. “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” Helen Keller
6. John Denver, “Annie’s Song.” One of my favorite.
7. Happy Independence Day
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.