1. Dee and I completed work on a new section of the garden area. St. Francis has a new home.
2. One of my favorite movies was "The Mummy," followed by "The Mummy Returns." I enjoyed both and have watched them many times. Brendan Fraser did an excellent job of portraying the hero. Rachel Weisz, rounded out the action couple. And, don't forget the "comic relief " John Hannah.
|Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz and John Hannah|
3. Apparently it's time for a new version of "The Mummy." A different "twist" and a new hero,Tom Cruise. He faces a different "Mummy," but one that appears to be just as interesting. I'm looking forward to the release in June.
4. Jamestown was founded on May 13, 1607. While researching names for my historical miniatures I found this interesting information from by Myra Vanderpool Gormley, CG.
“The Jamestown, Virginia colony which was established in 1607 shows many of the same popular English names: William, John, Thomas Richard, plus David, Daniel, Abraham, Jonas, Nathaniel and Samuel. The latter six show the signs of the Puritan influence it is claimed by George R. Stewart, author of American Given Names (New York, Oxford University Press, 1979). Stewart also notes that among this group, Edward Maria Wingfield, possesses one of the first middle name recorded in America. His middle name was that of the Virgin, which was commonly so used on the Continent for a man, but not in England. "One guesses that his parents may have been bold eccentrics, under Catholic influence," Stewart says. This Wingfield was a leader of the Jamestown colony and went down in history as one of the first Englishmen in the New World to keep chickens.”
5. This Sunday is Mother’s day, to all Mom’s …..
6. “Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!”
From the movie, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. The character was Gold Hat, portrayed by Alfonso Bedoya.
7. Louis Prima sings “Angelina,” from the movie “Casino.”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.