1. Ponce de Leon discovered, what is now Florida, on April 2, 1513. He believed that somewhere on the peninsula was a water source that would provide eternal life for anyone who drank of it. Unfortunately he never found it.
2. I would have liked to see the Gonzaga Bulldogs win, but those North Carolina Tar Heels played an excellent game. Read the “Carolina Post Game Notes.”
3. Our Dogwood tree. It continues to bloom every spring.
4. Next week is the Easter Triduum. Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil. Dee and I attend all three Masses. It is a journey for me, not just a single moment. The washing of the feet is a humble experience which I have taken part in. On good Friday the Veneration of the Cross is a solemn reminder of the walk Jesus made. Then there is the celebration of the resurrection. God’s promise to us of everlasting life.
5. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. We made it through the “tornado watch” this week. Thank you Lord and please watch over and help those who did not.
7. Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson, Pancho and Lefty.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.