1. Earth Day was Saturday April 22. A time to think about toxic dumps, use of pesticides and dwindling wilderness. A day to remember the impact we have on our environment. Alina Bradford has an informative article at Live Science. Please take a moment to read it.
2. Rain, rain and more rain. Yes, we did need it, but sometimes God has a tendency to provide more than we ask for. I’m not complaining Lord, just an observation.
3. “There are three things you can do in a baseball game. You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain. Casey Stengel
4. April 27, 1963 a fifteen year old high school freshman, Margaret Annemarie Battavio, reached #1 on the U.S. pop charts. The song, “I Will Follow Him.”
5. Happy 50th Anniversary to our friends Brenda and Peter. We were blessed to share this special event with them and their daughters.
6. Dee and I spent the last couple of days working in the yard. Tomorrow we'll take a break and head over to my brother's home. He and I will be at the Celtic festival while Dee and Karen do a wee bit of shopping. "Scots We Hae!"
7. Bobby Bare - 500 Miles Away From Home
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.