"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 10, 2017

Spiders, Giants & Diamonds



1. The Richmond Spiders basketball team have three players that have earned Atlantic 10 All Conference Honors.

Shawnee Jones, Third Team All-Conference
T.J. Cline, Player of the Year
De’Monte Buckingham, Rookie of the Year

Congratulations to all the players.


2. I wasn’t looking for anything about “giants,” but somehow I came across an article written by Jerry D. Peterson. His web site, My Drift, contains many articles about many things. The article on Giants is very interesting and thought I would share it.


3. I wrote about Tyrion Lannister back in August of 2015. At that time I shared one of my favorite Tyrion quotes. This year I have a new quote.

I believe he has a Red Blend from The Reach.

4. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.” Helen Keller

5. On March 9, 1985, the Tyler Civilian Club, erected the first Adopt-a-Highway sign. It was on Highway 69. 

6. I’ve discovered a new blog. “Discovering Diamonds.” It is a blog that provides “independent reviews of the best in historical fiction.” There is a review about my favorite historical fiction writer, Bernard Cornwell. It is worth reading!

7. The Penguins - “Earth Angel.”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment