1. It’s College Football Season again. As always, I’ll be keeping everyone up to date on my two favorite teams.
The Richmond Spiders are at 1-1 as they head into game three of the season. Their opponent is Howard Bison who will be playing here in Robins Stadium.
The Fighting Irish are also at 1-1. They face Boston College this weekend as they travel to Chestnut Hill, Mass.
2. Dee and I were in the Outer Banks last week enjoying the sun, the food, the wine and being with friends. On Sunday we went to Holy Redeemer By The Sea Catholic Church. We were blessed to listen to a homily by Father Brian Zumbrum. He was visiting from the Oblates of Saint Francis de Sales in Philadelphia, PA.
3. On Thursday evening we joined our friends for dinner at the Colington Cafe.
4. The Church of Epiphany held it’s annual picnic on Sunday. We brought our two granddaughters Eryn and Hailey. There was plenty of food, games for the children and music for all.
|My buddy Dennis and I|
5. “Too often we underestimate the power of touch. A smile. A kind word. A listening ear. An honest compliment.Or the smallest act of caring. All of which have the potential to turn a life around.” -Leo Buscaglia
6. Budweiser 9/11 Tribute Commercial - It was only aired once.
7. Alan Jackson - “Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning.”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.