1. The Richmond Spiders succumbed to the Stony Brook Seawolves last Saturday. It was not an enjoyable game. But, on to the next game as they face the Colgate Raiders (1-1) at home.
The rivalry between the Irish Lads and the Michigan State Spartans is a time honored one. The games are always exciting and this one was no exception. Unfortunately the Spartans were successful, 36-28. Now at 1-2, the Irish Lads face Duke, also at 1-2.
2. Finally, after many weeks of dryness and heat, the rain came. The grass is growing once again and the flowers add their beautiful colors to the yard. All is well.
3. I have been waiting for Michael Weatherly’s new series, “Bull.” I was not disappointed. Michael is a great actor and continues to impress me. I like his new new character and the story line of the program.
4. So, now who is replacing Tony Dinozzo on “NCIS?” There are two new characters.
Special Agent Nick Torres and Special Agent Alex Quinn. Two different types of characters which should complement Gibbs’ team. I’m looking forward to the new season.
5. “Men are like wine, some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.”
Pope John XXIII
6. While we were playing the game “Catch Phrase,” “wind-up toy” was one of the selections that the “guys” had to solve. Fortunately we did. Our friend Maureen said that reminded her of a Peter, Paul & Mary tune.
Peter, Paul & Mary - “The Marvelous Toy”
7. On September 23, 1779, John Paul Jones tells Captain Richard Pearson,of the British ship HMS Serapis, “I have not yet begun to fight.” He proceeds to win the naval battle, which includes a second British ship, the HMS Countess of Scarborough. Read more about him at the U.S. Navy website.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.