"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Ira Bell’s Barn


I finished Ira Bell’s barn this week. This is a photo of him and his dog, Rusty. Ira likes the barn, but he is still waiting for me to finish the farmhouse. That should be next on the project list.


I chose the red oxide color based on my research of barns in Colonial America. Some reference info here at "Dead Star Barn," and "Historic Period Interior Design and Home Decor."

The barn is a reproduction of Brawner’s Barn which played a part in the Second Battle of Bull Run. I purchased the barn and the farmhouse from JR Miniatures some years back and never got around to painting them.













No comments:

Post a Comment