1. A storm came through Sunday evening and knocked out our landline, television and Internet. Fortunately we did not loose power. Our provider sent a technician out on Monday and he replaced the unit outside the house. The storm knocked out the unit, but not the rest of the house. Thank you Lord.
2. Ira Aten was a Texas Ranger from 1882 to 1889. He died on August 5, 1953 at the age of 89. Ira was inducted into the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame. You can read about him here.
3. When I think of the word “loyalty,” it brings to mind an allegiance to a person. I have visions of knights and kings, or comrades in arms or my vow of marriage. So when I watch what is going on in this election process I wonder if anyone has any true loyalty. Perhaps there is only the quest of power, the sin of greed or selfishness. Just my $.02.
4. Yard work was more time consuming this week. I didn’t realize how many leaves and branches were blown about by Sunday’s storm. However, I enjoyed working outside and, I completed everything.
5. Vacation Bible School at our Church finished today. Dee was the photographer all week and her photos were used in the closing ceremony. Our two grandchildren attended, one as a participant and one as an aid. I enjoyed watching all the children sing at the closing, marveling at the hard work of the staff in preparing the ceremony.
6. Jay Leno once said, “If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.”
7. Kris Kristofferson - “Why Me”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.