1. Muhammad Ali, the greatest heavyweight boxer, died on June 3, 2016. His pre-fight rhetoric was always humorous to me. My favorite quote, “float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.” My second favorite, “service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” I’m sure he’ll be welcomed in heaven.
2. The annual Greek festival was last weekend. Dee and I met up with our friends and car-pooled to the event. The food was terrific. I enjoyed the Gyros which is a seasoned meat with tzatziki sauce, diced tomatoes, lettuce and onions all piled onto Pita bread. For desert my buddy Tony bought some fluffy puffs served with a honey syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon. We added a couple of bottles of Greek Merlot wine while the ladies enjoyed lemonade. It was a great afternoon.
3. The water wagon is finished, photo is here. There is also link to Paul’s Bods, where he has displayed some new wagons that he completed.
4. These are some beautiful "morning on the beach" photos. Dee took them while we were at the Outer Banks.
5. This exemplifies my skill as a baseball player.
6. Dee and I were sitting in my hobby room the other day and she was looking at my display cases. She turned to me and asked. “How many figures.” I looked around and told her probably hundreds. “No,” she replied, “how many have you painted since you’ve been in this hobby?" I had to think back to the first set of figures I painted. A 25mm British Light Infantry regiment. That was about 1976. Forty years of painting, American Revolution, Ancient, Napoleonic, French and Indian and Fantasy figures. Units painted, sold, new units bought, painted and sold, the process never ending. A couple of thousand maybe. Now that she has brought up the question, maybe I’ll try and put together a list of what I had and sold and what I have now.
7. Ben King - “Stand By Me.”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.