My Slow Takes
1. I did well selecting the two teams that would head to the March Madness final game. It would have been really good if I had picked the winner, but I didn’t. Just in case you don’t know who won, or you missed the final basket, here it is.
2. On April 5, 1614, Pocahontas married John Rolfe. Read details from “This Day in History.” Go to "Biography" for further information on Pocahontas.
3. Winter made an attempt to sneak back this week. We had a couple of nights where the temperatures went below freezing. Fortunately it was a feeble effort.
4. I’ve been looking at building a dice tower for my gaming activities. Currently I use plastic bins for rolling the die. It works well enough, but a dice tower works a wee bit better. Here are a couple of “build it yourself” ideas.
5. Merle Haggard, age 79, has joined his friends in heaven. Please pray for him and his family.
6. “The Bottle Let Me Down.”
7. The Masters starts this week and will run until April 10. CBS has full coverage here. There is more coverage at the PGA website.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.