My Slow Takes
1. I finished reading “beautiful Mercy’” from Dynamic Catholic. Matthew Kelly has put together an unusual book with the assistance of twenty-six different authors. The chapters are short so reading is easy. I chose to read two chapters a day which allowed time for reflection on what I read. The book provided a another way of looking at the love that God has for me. So, get a copy and read it, you won’t be disappointed.
2. Danny Willett won the The Masters 2016. In second place were Jordan Spieth and Lee Westwood. I would have liked to see Jordan win his second Masters, but maybe next year. Read about it here.http://www.augusta.com
This is a nice photo of Jordan helping Danny with his new “Green Jacket.”
3. On April 10, 2005, Tiger Woods won his fourth Masters. He has an impressive record, which can viewed here.
4. Paul’s Bods has a link to “Dioramica 2016,” which is a convention of hobbyists. This is a special convention, being held in Munden, Germany. The focus is on 1/72 scale dioramas. Follow this link to see a list of the exhibitors which includes a short biography and photos of some their work.
5. Don McLean was one of my favorite artists. His song, American Pie, was recorded in May of 1972 and was number one on the Billboard Hot 100 from January 15 through February 5 of 1972. Yes, I owned a vinyl of his album American Pie. The video shown here is suppose to be an interpretation of the great song.
6. There is a Briartun miniature update here, just in case you missed that post.
7. Roy Orbison - “Blue Bayou.” This is a great song that makes me dream of lounging on the beach with a margarita in one hand and a good book in the other.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.