My Slow Takes
1. Our granddaughters, Eryn and Hailey, attended their “Rite of Election of Catechumens” at The Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. They were excited about the ceremony and had the opportunity to speak directly with Bishop DiLorenzo.
|Dee, Mom, Bishop DiLorenzo, Hailey and Eryn|
2. Sonny James, the “Southern Gentleman left to sing with the angels on Monday 2-22-16.
3. Last week I wrote about the Volkswagen Beetle breaking a “world car production record.” This week I have a photo of my friend Bill who refurbished a 1973 VW Super Beetle. He took first place in that VW class.
4. This week we moved “Lucy” into our home. She has been living in assisted living for the last few years and was ready to come home. She is Dee’s Mom and will be a healthy 94 this year. The two of us share a glass of wine each evening and I’m sure that is one of the reasons that keeps her mind sharp.
|Dee and Lucy at a Richmond Spider basketball game.|
5. "The Princess and the Frog." This is from the blog "Par la Bouche de mis canons." It is beautifully painted. It also provides a background for sitting down with the young ones in your home for "story time."
6. This is from the Adaptive Training Foundation. It’s a Doritos commercial that didn’t make the Super Bowl.
7. Pam Tillis - “Mandolin Rain.” A beautiful song.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.