"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 29, 2016

Peyton, Birthday & Pics


My Slow Takes

1. I did state, “maybe we’ll see the Broncos and the Panthers heading for the Super Bowl.” So, which team will be triumphant? I like Peyton Manning and will support the Broncos. Besides, I like Papa John’s pizza.


2. My birthday was Monday, January 25. Some people that were also born on the same day, just different years.

Robert Burns - Poet, Lyricist
Robert Boyle - Founder of Modern Chemistry, Boyle’s Law
Dean Jones - Actor
Charles Curtis - 31st U.S. Vice President
Sam Cooke - Singer

It is also the “Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul.”

3. On January 26, 1979 “The Dukes of Hazzard” started it’s seven year television series. Our sons and I saw every episode. It was fun watching Bo and Luke foil the crooked plans of Boss Hogg and Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.


4. Our neighbors Ronda, Mitch and their son Mitch built a really large snowman.

Photo by Dee

5. Some more “after snowstorm” photos by Dee.

My car on Sunday morning.
Deer watching Dee take their picture.
Same deer after posing for Dee.

6. Scully and Moulder have returned. "The truth is still out there."


7. Abe Vigoda, one of my favorite actors on “Barney Miller,” died on Tuesday January 26. Please pray for his soul and for his family.



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment