"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 15, 2016

Lent, Buffalo, Andy Stanley


My Slow Takes

1. “Don’t give up chocolate this Lent. Do something different. Take a 40-day spiritual journey with us to encounter Jesus—and yourself—in a deeply personal way. Let’s make this your best Lent ever!”

Go over to Dynamic Catholic and listen to Matthew Kelly.

2. My son Eric, and his wife Lynne, gave me a copy of “Tales from Azar’s Attic.” It was a Christmas present that Lynne chose and I’m thankful she did. I grew up with Rick Azar of WKBW Channel 7. He was the sports announcer for the team that included Irv Weinstein and Tom Jolls. Reading about him and his career brought back many great memories of when I lived in Buffalo, New York. This is a “must read” for anyone from Buffalo. 

3. Andy Stanley is an interesting speaker. Our Monday night men’s group watched a couple of his videos from the series “Why in the World.” The video below is the fourth in the series, “Putting Religion In Its Place.”


4. I watched Galaxy Quest this week and laughed more now than the last time I watched. Probably because I know what is going to happen next. If I were to choose my favorite character it would be Sir Alexander Dane played by Alan Rickman. A hilarious portrayal of a frustrated actor discontent with making appearances and having to repeat his infamous line; ”By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.”


http://deadline.com/2015/04/galaxy-quest-series-paramount-television-1201413544/

5. I completed another miniature building, “The Tavern at Briartun.”

6. Wednesday night was the Cheshire Cat moon.

Cheshire Moon
Cheshire Cat
7. Bobby Bare “Sylvia’s Mother.” I like this rendition.





Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.


*******************************************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment