1. Please pray for Father John and his family. His older brother Joseph died over the weekend.
2. I do not make New Year's resolutions. My life is good and I trust God. There is a statistic, from the University of Stanton, that only 14% of those 50 years or older will achieve their resolutions. I couldn't find anything on how many of that same group just "forget" their resolutions.
3. Matthew Kelly has a new book that I started reading this week, "Resisting Happiness." Father John has made it available to each family of our parish as his Christmas gift to us. It is also available on the Dynamic Catholic website.
4. I've had some shoulder issues and decided it was time to get it taken care of. So I'm working with a Physical Therapist getting my muscles massaged, pulled, manipulated, and stretched. It was great, much better than I expected. The session ended with a machine that applies heat and stimulates the muscle. Now I have to follow through with stretches at home and some return visits.
5. Celtic Woman sings "Auld Lang Syne."
6. Dee and I are hosting our 2nd annual New Year's party. We enjoy sharing the evening with friends and family and are looking forward to this years celebration. Photos should be available next week.
7. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, "It will be happier."
|From Happy New Year Images|
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes