My Slow Takes
1. The Richmond Spiders defeated the cadets from Virginia Military Institute (VMI). They now have a 2-1 record. Their next opponent is Maine, another home game. The Irish Lads won their game against Georgia Tech. They are now 3-0 and play Massachusetts, at home on September 26th.
2. On September 24, 1966, The “Monkees" made the “Billboard” top 40 with “Last Train to Clarksville.”
3. In June, I wrote about the ordination of Father Matthew Kiel. He has a website, “Opening the Doors of Mercy.” Please take a moment to visit his blog page. It is very enlightening.
4. On Tuesday evening our parish, the Church of the Epiphany, held an evening of witnesses, readings and song. Our Director of Christian Formation, Sarah, put together this gathering. She was supported by Deacon Arthur and Deacon Stephen. Music was provided by Andy and his band along with a guest pianist, Jean, from Blessed Sacrament Church in Harrisonburg, Virginia. My favorite song of the evening was “It Is Well With My Soul.”
Chris Rice, “It Is Well With My Soul.”
5. The Pope is in the United States and Rev. John Kazibwe, our pastor, will be in Washington D.C. where he will be concelebrating at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. We, at the Church of the Epiphany, are extremely proud
|U.S. Air Force photo - Airman 1st Class Philip Bryant|
6. The Greater Hampton Road men’s Cursillo weekend is this week, 9-24 thru 9-27. Please pray for the team members and candidates.
7. Continuing with “country legends,” this is a song by Don Gibson. “Oh Lonesome Me.”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.