My Slow Takes
1. The Richmond Spiders lost a close game to Villanova. They are now 8-2 as they face William & Mary at home this Saturday.
Notre Dame heads to Boston where they challenge Boston College. The Irish Lads are at 9-1.
2. Our grandsons, Justin and Conner play hockey. The league they are in uses team names from colleges and NHL teams. This year Conner is with the Sabres and Justin is with Notre Dame.
|The Notre Dame hockey team from Buffalo, N.Y.|
3. November 15, 1956, the movie, “Love Me Tender,” premiered in New York City. This was Elvis Presley's first full length movie.
Here is the trailer from the movie. Yes, it’s in black and white.
4. I spent four days raking leaves. God spent a morning replacing them.
5. Bernard Cornwell is my favorite historical novelist. I’m sure I have mentioned this before. BBC has started a new series “The Last Kingdom.” It is excellent and is based on Mr. Cornwell’s series of books, “The Warrior Chronicles/Saxon Stories.” More information at BBC.
6. Thanksgiving is next week. Please pray for those who are not able to share in the feasting or time with family. Give thanks for what God has provided for you and your families.
7. Barbara Fairchild - “Could You Walk A Mile.” A song that provides a reminder worth reflecting on.
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.