"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 16, 2015

Tradition, Leaves & Walter



My Slow Takes

1. The Spiders moved to 4-1 with their win over Elon on Saturday. Next up is Rhode Island.

2. The Irish Lads & the Navy Midshipmen clashed on Saturday. Notre Dame won, but Navy did tie the game at 21, late in the second quarter. I enjoy watching these two teams on the field. They have great respect for one another and there is a tradition that goes back many years. Read about at Wikipedia.

This video was made by Notre Dame prior to Saturdays game. It is from NCAA.com.


For my brother Tom and nephew Matthew.
3. The leaves are beginning to gather in my yard. Not a whole bunch, but enough to warn me about the up coming “raking season.”



4. Please pray for the soul of one of our Monday night men’s Cursillo group, Walter. He was a man who always helped others. Unselfish, kind and a great friend. We will miss him.


5. Also pray for Donny, the brother of our beloved friend, Jeanine. He also has taken the journey home.

6. Happy “Link-toberfest.” 

My favorite blogger? 
There are so many bloggers who write beautiful, spiritual and humorous things that to name one or even a few would be unfair. My life has been enriched reading about all of your lives. I laugh, I cry and I share what I read. I marvel at the strong faith you all have. I pray for all of you and thank God that He whispered to me to start my blog. 

7. Sara Evans, Cheatin’. One of my favorite Sara videos.




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment