My Slow Takes
1. College football has started again. The Richmond Spiders are sitting at 1-1 and face VMI this Saturday at home. The Irish Lads, after an exciting game against the Virginia Cavaliers, are at 2-0. They face Georgia Tech on Saturday and will also be playing at home.
2. I usually don’t write about the NFL, but this year the Buffalo Bills have a starting quarterback from Virginia Tech. His name is Tyrod Taylor and he's from my hometown of Hampton, Virginia. So, I might be writing a little about the Bills this season. The Bills are 1-0 as they face the Patriots, at home, this Sunday.
3. Dee and I were at the beach last week and were blessed with great weather. The food, drinks and companionship were terrific. Here are some photos.
|Dinner at the beach|
|Me and Dee|
|Me and the "Ladies"|
4. On September 15, 1962, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons reach the “top of charts” with “Sherry.”
5. My favorite cowboy hero was Hopalong Cassidy. The actor that portrayed him was William Boyd. On September 12, 1972, at the age of 77, he died. His horse’s name was “Topper,” and his side-kick was Red Connors, played by Edgar Buchanan.
|Topper and "Hoppy"|
6. The UCI Road World Championships are in Richmond, Virginia from September 19-27, 2015.
7. This is a great song by Marty Robins, “Ghost Riders in The Sky.”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.