My Slow Takes
1. Jeanine and Dave celebrated 50 years of marriage. They renewed their vows on Sunday with Monsignor Shreve.
|Photo by Dee|
2. I like these quotes from “Christin’s Quote Book.”
“Wine is sunlight, held together by water.” Galileo Galilei
“The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” —Galileo Galilei
3. This is the anniversary of the “Battle of Bushy Run.” It took place on August 5, 1763. There is a “Bushy Run” website that has information on the battle, which includes an eyewitness account by Henry Bouquet. Thank you to Ralphus at Flintlock and Tomahawk.
4. These are some completed “tavern” figures.” The tavern owners, Rhett and Drika Koeman and tavern maid, Mattie Bevan. They are all standing out in front of the local Courthouse.
5. I just finished watching the third season of “Game of Thrones.” Thank you to our son Eric for loaning me the discs.
I have been watching the series from the beginning and have selected Tyrion Lannister (played by Peter Dinklage) as my favorite character. He is witty yet humorous when dealing with his adversaries. Deep inside he has a kind heart, although it is limited in who it shares it with. Like me, he enjoys his wine, although there is a tendency to over indulge.
One of my favorite Tyrion quotes; “Oh, "monster". Perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and, just now, kings are dying like flies."
|That's probably a Cabernet Franc he's toasting with.|
6. Our friends Mary and Dan, invited Dee and I, and Stephen’s family to spend the afternoon on their pontoon boat. The weather was hot, but the water refreshing.
Dee made a veggie tray and stomboli and Stephen brought dessert.
Floating on the reservoir and diving from the boat was relaxing and fun.
|Dan, showing how to relax in the water.|
7. Peter Paul & Mary - Blowing in the Wind
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes, including information on SMA.