My Slow Takes
1. From my cousin Marina.
2. Anthony DeCristofaro wrote this on Wednesday.
“We never know when we will face the mountain. Monday morning, Fr. Joe was likely sitting in his room in prayer when a massive stroke event occurred in his body. One of his Jesuit brothers found him and went with him in the ambulance to Washington Hospital Center.
The suffering that he is enduring now and offering up will – today’s scripture promises – be levelled out by the Lord. We do not know when the road will be leveled. We do not know how. But the rough path that he faces today will be made smooth.”
Father Joe Mccluskey, SJ contributes to “Your Daily Tripod.” I have read many of his daily writings and found them to be both inspirational and thought provoking. Please say a prayer for him.
3. Saturday 3-14-15 was Pi Day. This year is a very special Pi Day because only once in a century does the date and time reflect the following; Pi=3.141592653. So, on 3-14-15 at 9:26:53 AM, we have Pi Day. Read more at USA Today.
4. The Irish Lads and Lasses “basketball teams won their respective 2015 ACC Tournament titles in Greensboro. That marks the 13th time in ACC history that the same institution claimed both basketball championships--and the first time since 2011 when Duke did it. The only four ACC schools to accomplish that feat are Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina and North Carolina State.”
5. The Spiders lost against VCU but they did earn a number one seed in the 2015 National Invitation Tournament. On Wednesday evening they played the St. Francis-Brooklyn Terriers and won. This Sunday they host the Arizona State Sun Devils.
6. I know it's spring, but this is a beautiful snow sculpture.
here 7. Linda Ronstadt - “It Doesn’t Matter Matter Anymore”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.