My Slow Takes
1. The minions have been re-assigned to another project.
2. The A10 Basketball Championship started Wednesday. The Spiders play at 2:30 PM Friday against VCU. Dee decided that we should have the "gang" here to watch the game.
3. Mary Shelley's book, Frankenstein, was published on March 11, 1818. It was published anonymously but in 1823 a second edition was published with her name.
One of my favorite Frankenstein movies was Mel Brook's "Young Frankenstein."
|Marty Feldman, Teri Garr, Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle|
5. Wednesday's reading from Deuteronomy made me think about our children. We taught them about Jesus, church and love. We did our best to live what we taught. Our sons now have children of their own. They are teaching them love which in turn is about Jesus. Dee and I provide assistance by taking the grandchildren to church when possible and teaching them about the Mass and prayer. The combination of parents and grandparents will provide the lessons and examples of our love for Jesus.
6. Sometimes my brother-in-Christ Mike gets unhappy about the way our world is going. I am reminded of a quote from "The Catholic Mutt."
We must be vigilant on our journey, knowing that God is there beside us.
7. So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu, goodbye ... snow.
“However, take care and be earnestly on your guard
not to forget the things which your own eyes have seen,
nor let them slip from your memory as long as you live,
but teach them to your children and to your children’s children.” DT 4:9
“Faith is not a light which scatters all our darkness, but a lamp which guides our steps in the night and suffices for the journey.”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.