"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, February 20, 2015

My Slow Takes About Snow, Birds and JFK.



1. Last March I wrote about the Norse Gods of winter and how they “ravaged the countryside,” bringing snow, ice and cold winds. This year they arrived again, only the temperatures are much lower than the year before, single digits. Spring is farther away than the villagers had hoped, but Sol is here, riding her chariot over the lands. Brightening the day with her rays of light, fighting the clouds that attempt to darken the sky.   

2. I took a couple of pictures with my iPhone to show how sunshine makes snow look good.

Looking out my office window.
A view from the family room.
3. My neighbor puts out corn for the deer. This week some local birds discovered the corn. It reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock’s, “The Birds.”

They are in the trees as well as on the ground.
A scene from the movie.

4. This week we had the Forgette Clan together. Dee prepared sauce with meatballs, sausage and spaghetti.

I washed and Eric dried.

5. Mercy Me - “I Can Only Imagine”


6. Sonny and Cher - “I Got You Babe.”


7. This is a quote from “Your Daily Tripod.”

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped each time a man stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of others or strikes out against injustice he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest wall of oppression and resistance."
Robert F. Kennedy, South Africa, 1966


Read other "Takes" at "This Ain't the Lyceum."

No comments:

Post a Comment