"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 23, 2015

My Slow Takes About Trisha, Frankie and St. Francis de Sales.


1. I was reading Trisha Potter’s book review, “Memories, Dreams, and Reflections.” The following quote, from her, made me think about me and how different I am from others. Differences that have shaped me and brought me to where I am today. Differences that others have seen, some they like and some that we laugh about.

“No one person has all of the answers, perspectives, experiences, and sympathies that another person has.  We might be able to go a step or two farther than those who have come before us, because of our different experiences and perspectives, but even then others can build upon our ideas and accomplishments far beyond what we could have come up with on our own.” 

2. I picked this quote from from Dweej.

“Let the reader’s voice honor the writer’s pen.”

It is a quote from a medieval scribe. 

3. “Kid Bible Stories, Episode 1” from “Simple Felicity.” This is a child’s view of the parable of the unmerciful servant. 


4. Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons - “Rag Doll”


5. Jim Croce - “Time in a Bottle.”


6. Super Bowl XLIX and I will pulling for the Seahawks. Russell Wilson is from Richmond, Virginia. 


7. Saturday the 26th is the feast of Saint Frances de Sales, my patron saint. His book, “Introduction to the Devout Life,” was written so that laypeople people could read it. It gave them an opportunity to find spiritual direction in their lives. Something that was not available to them in the 1600’s. I have read his book and found it to be inspiring and helpful in my own journey.

“Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.
Do not lose courage in considering your own perfections,
but instantly set about remedying them,
everyday begin the task anew.”


Read other "Takes" at "This Ain't the Lyceum."

No comments:

Post a Comment