"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, September 26, 2014

My Slow Takes About Prayer, West Side Story, and Buffalo Bill’s Football.


1. Steve Givens provided a thought provoking prayer for Saturday morning. I read the prayer two or three times, allowing the words to settle in my mind. Warmth, light, healing, need and change. It provided another way for me to appreciate the gifts that God provides.

2. The Spiders lost a close game at home last Saturday. The New Hampshire Wildcats won, 29-26. Richmond is now 2-2.

"The game was back and forth," Richmond head coach Danny Rocco remarked following the game.  "I had a sense that it would be a little lower scoring than what most people might have thought. Both defenses rose up to the occasion at times in the game. I think the biggest thing for us was the inability to take away the ball."
3. West Side Story premiered on Broadway on September 26, 1957. This is Dee’s most favorite musical. She knows the words to the songs and could probably recite Maria’s lines if prompted.
Richard Beymer & Natalie Wood from the movie.
4. Dee and I were at the Bill’s game on Sunday. Although they lost to the Chargers we still enjoyed being there. At halftime, Andre Reed was presented with his Pro Football Hall of Fame ring. It was great to be there and listen to the fans chant, Andre-Andre-Andre …..


5. Our tail-gate party cook.


6. Football Fans
Me, Dee & son Eric
My brother Tom, Aunt Beth & Me
7. We stayed at Eric and Lynne's house while in Buffalo. Lynne always buys Panera bagels and cream cheese to have for breakfast. The boys, Justin and Conner, take turns playing "Halo" with me. Eric and I shared wines and conversations on life and family. It was an enjoyable week. Dee took this photo of Logan and I watching NCIS reruns.




Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a good time. Sorry about the Bill's loss but the tailgating looked fun. That dog is almost as big as you!

    ReplyDelete