|Pat, Dee & Me|
|Pat, Judy, Dee & Mary. Dan in the background.|
3. With the temperatures being as high as they were this week, I kept wondering what Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett would do.
4. We took our granddaughters Eryn and Hailey to see the movie Maleficent. It was an excellent Disney movie. The girls loved it and so did Dee and I. Angelina Jolie portrayed the older fairy Maleficent. I was impressed with her performance. Her “side kick” was actor Sam Riley as the crow Diaval. They made an interesting team.
5. June 17, 1775 the British troops from Boston launched an attack against the colonial troops that had taken position on Breed’s and Bunker Hill. Known as the Battle of Bunker Hill, it was a costly lesson for the British. They underestimated the colonists and although they won, Boston was evacuated nine months later.
6. It’s still too early for me to pick a specific team for the World Cup. The United States is still young when it comes to this competition, so I don’t expect them to advance too far. There have been some exciting games and I know there are more on the way.
|The 2014 US Soccer Team|
7. Harley-Davidson is testing an electric motorcycle. It would be quieter and more environmental friendly, but it is not “your father’s motorcycle.” The Washington Post has an article on this new innovation.
Read other "Takes" at Team Whitaker.