"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, April 11, 2014

My Slow Takes About Playing For Change, Pine Trees, an Inspiring Painting and Attic Treasurers





1. “Stand by Me,” was performed by Ben E. King in 1961. This video is the same song performed by various artists, through “Playing For Change.”


2. This is an interesting story about pine trees and Easter. I enjoy stories like these that parents can share with their children. It is one that Dee and I will share with our grandchildren.

3. An inspiring painting by Ron DiCianni. Having the artist explain it adds to the importance to our belief in the Resurrection.

4. Nick Phillips auctioned off his “Woodie” collection a couple of years ago. Check out his collection.


5. Bob Dylan’s first “gig” was performed on April 11, 1961. It was in New York City at Gerde’s. 

6. Dee and I were cleaning out the attic and discovered some treasurers. This one is the wedding invitation form my Mom and Dad's wedding, May 11, 1946.


7. Our second discovery was my Confirmation certificate from 1984. Tom Hall was my sponsor. He was also a friend and humble guide during this part of my spiritual journey.






Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment