"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Much To Do About Nothing

Any resemblance to William Shakespeare and his writings is purely coincidental. This is the seventh day post and I have run out of ideas. I’ve searched my database on ideas but nothing was there that I felt strong enough to write about. So where does that put me on this beautiful sunny day with temperature already at 72. It’s real easy to go for a nice walk in the neighborhood and see who else is taking advantage of the warm weather. But if I do that this will never be completed.

I could write about the outdoor hockey game last night. It was played in Chicago with snow falling so fast, the rink had to be shoveled off during stoppage of play. The score was one sided, the Blackhawks winning over the Penguins. Hm, something like Batman triumphant over the Penguin.

Another possibility is to write another snippet on my short story ideas. The problem is that I have nothing ready. That area requires more work.

There is another snow/ice storm heading across the country, but everyone is already aware of that. Our local grocery stores are already filling up with people getting as much bread and milk they can carry. The theory is if we are snowed-in or iced-in they would have enough bread and milk for a week. No, I don’t do that. My wine inventory is sufficient for the storm.

Today’s activity is our normal Sunday family gathering. Dee’s homemade sauce, salad and a delicious desert afterward.

I vaguely remember a certain comedian who came up with a sitcom which had no plot, nothing. It was very successful and I’m amazed at how interesting that nothing was. So, maybe this post, the last in the series of seven, is okay. Thank you for reading and please return when I have something to write about.




Read other blogs at Conversion Diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment