"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Cat in My Yard

I am not fond of cats. They are too independent and I’m allergic to them. On the positive side they are quiet, resourceful and mind their own business. My neighbor likes to feed the few feral cats in our neighborhood.  All of our homes border a large wood of about 60 acres and we have deer and rabbits as well. The cats sort of fit in and don’t bother me. I would like them to be more assertive with the moles.


There is one cat that sits at the back of our property. He is white and black and resembles the coloring of a pinto pony. About two years ago I was working in the yard and I saw him lying on the small wood walkway I built back by the wood edge. He was laying out like he was sleeping. After an hour or so he hadn’t moved and I figured he was dead. I went to the shed and got my shovel. The least I could do was take him back into the wood and bury him. I got to within ten or fifteen feet of him and he jumped up and ran into the wood. “Dumb cat,” was my reaction and I went back to yard work. He is still around and it must be the food that the neighbor gives him that keeps him here. I don’t know why he stays in our yard. Probably because I don’t bother him. We acknowledge each other but otherwise we each do our own thing.





Read other blogs at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment