"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, February 7, 2014

My Slow Takes about football, winter, a dwarf hero and my favorite author.

1. Super Bowl XLVlll is over and the Richmond, Virginia area is excited about the win for the Seattle Seahawks. Russell Wilson and Michael Robinson attended Collegiate and Varina High Schools. Read about them here at CBS6 News, Richmond, Virginia.

2. Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so we’re having more winter, another six weeks of it. 

Dear Phil, 
I realize that you spend the winter curled up in your warm little Hobbit like home. It must be a shock when you are suddenly dragged out and put into the position of predicting how long winter will continue. My suggestion is that you put a note on your door, "Do not disturb until the first week in March, when winter will be over." You get to hibernate longer and I feel better knowing that winter will not last six more weeks. 
Thank you.

3. Secundus, host of the blog, Iron Mitten, wrote a series of blogs about the “Saga of Thorgrim Ironbreaker.” His artwork and miniatures are excellent. Although the Orc figures used for the adventure are not painted. 


4. On February 4, 1826, “The Last of the Mohicans” was published. This is my favorite historical fiction novel written by James Fenimore Cooper. Dee and I visited the Fenimore House Museum while we were in Cooperstown, N.Y. It was a thrill for me to be in the home of such a great writer.

5. This is a painting by Graham Turner. He is offering this artwork and others via Studio 88. It shows French regular troops from the Languedoc and La Reine regiments, 1755. They are in line formation firing by platoons.  


6. Please pray for my friends. Russ who's Dad joined our Lord last week and Rick who's Mom joined our Lord this week.  

7. Please pray fro my wife Dee who is in the hospital. She is my soul mate, friend and love of my life. 


Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment