1. We were having lunch at Fishbone’s Restaurant Saturday. Our waitress, a pleasant cheerful young woman, was named Rachael. The name reminded me of an old childhood tune, “Rubin, Rubin.” It kept running through my mind but I couldn’t remember all the lyrics. Found a rendition on Youtube.
2. On January 1, 1960 Johnny Cash appeared on stage at San Quentin prison in San Rafael, California. He sang for the inmates, one of them being Merle Haggard.
3. The Irish Lads played in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. They outscored Rutgers 29-16. This was senior Tommy Lee’s final college football game. He threw for 319 yards and there were no interceptions. Senior Zack Martin, an offensive lineman, won the MVP award.
5. Dee and I, oceanside, Duck, N.C.
6. I took this with my iPhone. It is on the sound side, late afternoon, along the Duck boardwalk.
7. Happy New Year. May you all have a blessed 2014.
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.