"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, November 29, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 123)

1. The National Catholic Youth Conference was last weekend. The Church of the Epiphany was proud to sponsor a youth team for this event. 

2. “To be saints is not a privilege for the few, but a vocation for everyone.” Pope Francis
I have read and enjoyed “My Life with the Saints,” by Fr. James Martin, SJ. The suffering, sinning and coming to Grace with God that they went through humbled me. How could I even come close to this. But as I thought about it more, I realized that they were just ordinary people like me. Still, I can’t imagine myself as a Saint, but maybe I shouldn’t. If I just love and care for others, pray and study scripture, then I can be an earthly saint. One that will not be canonized, but one who follows what Jesus teaches.

3. The Spiders ended their season with a win over William & Mary at home. They finished 6-6 for the season.

4. It was “Senior Day” for the Irish Lads on Saturday as they triumphed over BYU 23-13. This puts them at 8-3. Next Saturday they travel to Stanford, California to face the Cardinals at home. They are at 9-2.  

5. November 26, 1942 was the debut of “Casablanca.” The movie starred Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. One of my favorite characters was Captain Louis Renault, played by Claude Rains. This is one of those timeless movies that I enjoy watching. “Here’s Looking At You, Kid.” 


6. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I pray that your day was filled with love, family, friends and good food. 


The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth by Jennie Augusta Brownscombe.

7. Last night was sleep-over at Grandma Dee’s. It’s always a blessing having them spend the night with us. This morning we watched “Do-Re-Mi” performed by Chester See & Mike Tompkins along with the cast of Carrie Underwood’s Sound of Music. We are also continuing with a new family tradition of putting up our Christmas tree and having the girls help decorate it.



Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.



No comments:

Post a Comment