1. Ancestry.com has launched a website to honor those who served our country. This is an opportunity to find someone you know or add information about a friend or relative who served. The link is here. My Dad Paul and Dee's Dad Frank.
|Paul Peter Forgette 1946|
|Frank C. Siracusa 1945|
2. The Spiders, led by quarterback Michael Strauss, played hard against the Stony Brook Seawolves last Saturday. Both teams were on top at one point, but the Spiders came back winning 39-31. This puts them at 4-6.
3. The Irish Lads had a disappointing loss against the Pittsburgh Panthers. They are now at 7-3 and host the BYU Cougars on November 23.
4. On November 15, 1958, Elvis Presley starred in his first movie, “Love Me Tender.” This was the first of over 30 movies that he made.
5. Cowboys have always been my heroes. The Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and the Lone Ranger. All of them had television programs which I watched every week. In the summer of about 1954 my Mom took a picture of my brother Tom and I. Fortunately the photo is still around, so I’m sharing it here.
|The infamous Forgette brothers.|
6. Dee and I are proud to announce that Todd, our middle son, completed his EdD this week. (A doctorate in Educational Leadership.) He is the first of our family to complete this level of education.
7. There is still much work to be completed in the Philippines. Fortunately many countries are sending food, medicine and relief workers. Please continue your prayers. If possible support what ever you can through your church, local relief effort or the Catholic Relief Services.
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.