"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, September 27, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 115)


1. Richmond Spiders are now at 2-2 with their win over Liberty.
The Irish Lads go to 3-1 winning an exciting game over Michigan State.

2. My friend Jerry was in an auto accident on Saturday and he and his wife Judith need your prayers please. He sustained two fractured ribs, multiple cuts, bruises, lacerations to his liver, possible adrenal gland and bruised heart.  Also his left arm was badly injured.

3. Our Verizon connection box couldn’t take the power outage we faced Saturday afternoon. It stopped working on Sunday, but a replacement was installed on Monday. Good work Verizon. 

4. An “Old Glory” figure painted as a Coureur de Bois from the French and Indian War. My family migrated to Canada probably during the seventeen century. Following the trend of many French-Canadians one of my relatives married into the Ojibwa Indians.


5. I made a change to my blog. A new template with a different color. 
6. The NCIS season premier was this week and it was good. Richard Parsons is now a “good guy,” saving Gibbs life. Very interesting.  
7. Dee and I watched “The Blacklist.” James Spader as Raymond Reddington is excellent. I also liked his role in the “Boston Legal” teaming up with William Shanter. 




Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment