"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, August 23, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 110)


1. My favorite historical fiction book is “Last of the Mohicans” by James Fenimore Cooper. The novel centers on the siege of Fort William Henry which occurred on August 5, 1757. The first time I read it was in high school. It made a positive impression on me that encouraged my love for North American history.
Painting By L. F. Tantillo
2. I did not see the original viewing by these talented people. It is a moving choreography of shadow dancing.



3. Our son Stephen and his river crew. They rescued a man and his dog from the river.


4. Microsoft Windows does provide some alternatives to missing files.


5. Dee and I took the granddaughters to the Science Museum this week. The highlight of the visit was the iMax theatre which showed an excellent film on dolphins. The girls had never been to an iMax viewing before and the youngest, five years old, asked Dee, “Are we moving?”  Afterward we spent time in the exhibits, many of which were “hands on” fun stuff to do. It was a great day.

Me and the girls at iMax
6. Thursday was my ministry of taking communion to the sick at Brandermill Woods. It always humbles me that I am blessed to be able to do this. The men and women enjoy the daily reading and always thank me. 

7. Tonight Dee and I are attending a wine tasting. She enjoys a white wine occasionally so I get to have two samplings of all the red wines.


Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment