"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, August 2, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 107)


1. My Dad was a fan of the historical Chrysler De Soto. I learned to drive and took my road test in a 1958 De Soto. It was big and quite different from cars that my friends fathers owned. So, I was surprised when I found a photo of a De Soto concept car. Dad would probably not care for the design, but I think it was rather interesting.

1954 De Soto Adventurer II
1958 De Soto, Dad's was blue.
2. This is a photograph of photojournalist Jessie Tarbox from the 1900s. The camera has evolved dramatically from what Jessie is using. Women photographers have changed their attire as well. 

"You've come a long baby."
3. We have finished season three of Downton Abbey and I enjoyed it. Dee is not pleased with the ending episode. I explained that sometimes things may not be as they appear to be. She was not convinced.

4.  James Gallagher reporter at BBC, has an interesting article, “Alzheimer’s blood test edges closer.” This is another positive step in the understanding of Alzheimer's disease. The more we can learn the closer we can come to a cure.

5. “Rain, rain go away, come again another day.” This has been an unusual July with rain levels running higher than normal. August is starting off in the same direction. Some days I feel a little bit like Charlie Brown.


6. The bumble bees came back. I knew where they were and worked my way around them so I wouldn’t get stung. Keeping the lawn mower between them and me I slowly cut around the nest. When I finished I pulled back to continue the rest of the lawn. Then, just when I thought I was safe, some lone assertive scout bypassed the lawn mower and stung me in the foot. Bee’s 2, me 0.

7. Cote de Pablo will do her last episode as Ziva next month. I will miss her and wonder what type of character will join the team.
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment