"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 101)


1. In remembrance of my Dad, Happy Father’s Day. He would have been 90 years old. His family continues on with my brother, sister and I. There are eight grandchildren and ten great grandchildren. We miss him but he is always in our hearts. His love has been passed through all of us and continues to grow. I love you Dad.

Me and my three sons,  Eric, Todd and Stephen 
2. My 2002 Nissan Pathfinder is at 197,000 miles. It has been an excellent choice of vehicles. Regular oil changes and general maintenance keeps it in good condition. I would like better gas mileage but for driving local it is fine. My plan is to get to 200,000 miles and beyond.


3. This is a vignette of a movie crew that I just completed. The figures are from “Pulp Figures” and will add a unique touch to my gaming table. 


4. Please continue to pray for the victims and fire fighting crews of the Colorado fires.

A Thank You Hug.

5.  My men’s Monday night Cursillo group had a dinner at Palermo. We included our spouses and enjoyed an evening of great food and companionship. The owner surprised us with complementary desert of Cannoli and Tiramisu.


6. I was at Brandermill Woods Health Care Center providing communion to the sick. We setup in a room that overlooks the garden and Cheryl brings in those who wish to participate. This last visit the first person she brought in was a woman who was in a cheerful mood. She started singing “It’s A Long Way to Tipperary.” Jerry and I joined her although we did not know all the words. She enjoyed it so much she continued with three more renditions. Fortunately she did not continue once we started the prayer session. We never know what to expect but always enjoy the visit. Jerry and I get more from this experience than the people we share with. We are all united together in God’s presence.

7. The weather forecast and read partly cloudy with a chance of rain on Monday and partly sunny with a chance of rain on Thursday. I was curious, what is the difference? So an internet trip to the National Weather Service provided their definition.

“Partly Cloudy: Between 3/8 and 5/8 of the sky is covered by clouds.
Partly Sunny: Between 3/8 and 5/8 of the sky is covered by clouds. The term "Partly Sunny" is used only during daylight hours.”


Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment