"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 93)


1. Last week I wrote about the “Real Lonesome Dove” and in the process remembered another real cowboy, Elfego Baca. Disney made a movie back in 1962, “Elfego Baca: Six Gun Law.” It was one of my favorite cowboy movies. (I have a lot of them.) It tells the story of how Elfego Baca held off about 80 cowboys for over 30 hours. He was not shot and managed to kill four and wound six of his assailants.


2. Annette Funicello, my favorite Disney Mouseketeer died on April 8, 2013. I saw every beach movie she made. She was a beautiful and gracious woman.  

3. God also called Jonathan Winters to His side this week. April 11, 2013. He was my favorite comedian and I will miss him. My favorite character was Maude Frickert but what made me laugh the most was his improvisation.  


4. There is a new Star Trek video game and for those of us who are “Trekkies.” the promotional ad is hilarious.



5. My brother-in-Christ Roger had some tests completed this week for plaque buildup. We are all praying for him and his wife Susan. Additional prayers are requested please.

6. Dee and I watched the "Life of Pi" last night. Watching the movie trailer did not spark my interest but Dee convinced me it would be worth watching. As usual she was correct. We both enjoyed the movie and recommend it.

7. Me and my Dad, Hampton, Virginia 1947.




Read other "Takes" at Camp Patton.

No comments:

Post a Comment