1. The prophecies of St. Malachy was brought up by a friend of mine. I was not familiar with St. Malachy and checked with “Catholic.com.”
2. I am using the free App, “Alinof Timer” for a countdown clock. It is easy to use. The clock itself allows choice of countdown times and notifies you when you have reached the end. There is a choice of an alarm sound or just the “Time is up!” banner that pops up on your screen. Review this video I found at “StackSocial.”
3. Dee and I went to morning Mass on Tuesday. Father Jim, as always, provided an excellent Homily. The reading from Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12 uses water as a symbol of God’s love for us. Water that is continually flowing, nourishing and eternal. It provides sustenance for all of us. There is nothing that we shall not need.
John’s Gospel, 5:1-16, then reinforces the analogy of the water. Jesus, stirs up the “water,” and heals the ill man. The “others” failed to see what had really happened. Sometimes I don't see and need to remember, understand and always keep my heart open to Him.
4. The television series, “The Bible,” has completed two episodes. So far I like what I have seen and I’m looking forward to the rest of the series. It is not a documentary, it is a story. The theme that is always present is that of faith, sinners and forgiveness. It shows our human frailty and God’s love for us.
5. Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, a Jesuit priest, is the first Pope from the New World. My family traces it's roots to the early Jesuits who came to Canada back in the Sixteenth Century. I feel that now I have closer connection to Rome.
Lord please bless Pope Francis. Provide the wisdom, strength, compassion and love he will need to lead our Church.
6. Wednesday I started mandolin lessons. My instructor, Chris, has a music degree from the University of Buffalo and is very talented. He is also patient and organized in his lesson plan. I have much to practice before my next lesson.
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.