"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, November 16, 2012

My Slow Takes (Vol. 74)


1. Notre Dame won over Boston College bringing their record to 10-0. Last week I showed an incorrect stat of 6-0. Please forgive me. The Richmond Spiders enjoyed Senior Day beating Delaware on their home turf. The Spiders are now 7-3.

2. My Veterans Day remembrance:
          Edward Trimble, WW1 My grandfather
          Paul P. Forgette, WW2 My Dad
          Frank Siracusa, WW2 My Father-in-law
For those who have served our country, deceased and living. You are all in my prayers. 

3. Quotes from Christin’s Quote Book. These are reflections on aging which helps me put things in perspective as I approach the next stage of my journey. 

  • There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.  ~Author Unknown
  • I recently had my annual physical examination, which I get once every seven years, and when the nurse weighed me, I was shocked to discover how much stronger the Earth's gravitational pull has become since 1990.  ~Dave Barry
  • Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.  ~Quoted by Francis Bacon, Apothegm 
  • Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.  Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  ~Tom Wilson
  • Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.  ~Author Unknown 
  • In dog years, I'm dead.  ~Author Unknown
4. November is Native American Heritage Month. It is a time to pay tribute to the traditions and culture of a people who are part of our history and lives. My Dad’s family includes Native American blood. According to my cousin Brion’s research our Great Grandma Felicie was from the Turtle Mountain Chippewia or Metis of Canada.  

5. This is a picture looking out our office window. When I walk into the room there’s this beautiful orange aura that brightens the entire office. God at work.


6. There is a website, Arwen-Undomiel, which is dedicated to the “Lord of the Rings” and things associated with L.L. Tolkien. I found my name in the Elvish language; Nibenon. (Nee-benn-on).

7. I was looking through some old things that I had written, “long, long time ago” and found four, original from the paper, “Peanut” strips. The time period was about 1970, I was single, working and going to college. My inspiration came from different things, one of them being “Snoppy.” Enjoy the comics.

  

Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment