1. The Central Virginia Men’s weekend is January 31 - February 3, 2013. I have been asked to be on the team and have accepted the honor.
2. The Church of the Epiphany celebrated it’s 33rd year on Sunday the 9th with our annual picnic. Picture below of Maureen, Msgr. Shreve, Tony, Me, Jack and Beth.
|Photo by Dee|
3. The Richmond, Virginia 54th Annual Armenian Food Festival is next week. September 20-23. My favorite food is the Hye burger. Ground sirloin and lamb with Armenian spices. One of those with a Kotayk beer and I’m happy. All of the desserts are delicious. The best thing to do is go with the pastry assortment.
4. Paul’s letter to the Philippians tells them that God is there to help us through the worries and uneasiness we face on a daily basis. There are days when I have to remind myself of this. When I do there is the consolation of knowing He is there to listen.
“Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.”
5. Travel the path of least resistance and find the easy answers. This is what we would all like to do. Keep it simple and don’t change anything thing. John, my brothet-in-Christ, writes about this in his Wednesday blog at “Thoughts of...A Flawed Disciple.” Please take the time to read.
6. The new Apple iPhone 5 reviewed by Edward Baig at USA Today.
7. We are attending a wedding at the University of Richmond's Cannon Memorial Chapel.
The groom, Michael, is a young man whom I sponsored for Confirmation. He and his family have become part of our family and have included our grand daughters in the wedding. Msgr. Shreve will be the Celebrant. It will be a beautiful wedding.